PACU Registered Nurse (RN) – SDS DHOC
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Premier Health Care System in Palm Springs is seeking experienced Surgical Registered Nurses (Pre/Post-Op) to join our surgical services team!
Located in Coachella Valley, our location is known for its amazing weather, golf courses, country clubs and amazing quality of life!
We offer a RN annual education stipend! You will be paid to earn your MSN or DSN!!
Schedule: 4X10 Full time Days
Position overview: The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for: evaluating Operating Room patients, planning and implementing pre/post-op care, recovering and stabilizing patients in the post-anesthesia unit, participating fully in the interdisciplinary medical team and clear and effective communication with patients and families. Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year experience in the PACU or same day surgery and 2 years experience in an acute setting overall
- Document each surgical case in a timely manner with all appropriate documentation on chart as per hospital policy.
- Provide safe and effective nursing care to patients requiring surgical intervention.
- Administer medication.
- Develop care plans and implements control of surgical suite environment according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Follow the chain of command.
- Provide standard of care per established hospital policies and unit specific competencies.
- Assume command of assigned OR suite.
- Handling and documenting all specimens and implants appropriately.
- Being knowledgeable and follow safety and troubleshooting guidelines for all OR equipment.
- Display a commitment to maintain an operative count preoperatively, intraoperatively, and postoperatively.
BSN or higher is required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary that is experienced driven
- Comprehensive Benefits: Relocation, Health, Vision, Medical, Dental, 403b, and MUCH MORE!