Salary: $125000.00 – $168000.00
We are hiring an experienced Thoracic Surgery Physician Assistant in Beautiful Colorado Springs, CO!
Specializing in Adult General Thoracic Surgery, Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery, Robotic Thoracic Surgery, Chest Disease, including lung and esophageal cancer as well as benign diseases of the trachea, mediastinum, chest wall, lungs and esophagus.
This is a Full-Time Permanent Position with exceptional Benefits!
Work and Call Schedule
• Monday through Friday with rotating OR coverage
• Rounding and evaluation of Thoracic Surgery, floor and clinic patients; divided amongst the PA/NP’s
• 1 full day clinics with patients seen on the other days as needed
• Collegial working environment
• Provides direct care, counseling, history and physical examinations, and teaching to the adult thoracic surgical patient population in the ambulatory, inpatient, operative, and procedural setting
• Orders, interprets, and evaluates appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests
• Develops appropriate plans of care and follow-up based on the outcomes of diagnostic, laboratory, and physical examination findings
• Orders medications and writes prescriptions according to organizational and regulatory policies and procedures
• Consistently provides high quality and timely documentation
• Performs bedside procedures as are appropriate to the patient population
• PA/NP will first assist in the operating room
• Discusses patient data with other physicians and professionals as appropriate in a multidisciplinary setting
• Demonstrates expert clinical judgment skills to function in an independent role
• Completes continuing medical education as per state regulations and national registry requirements to maintain and enhance skills and clinical competence
• Additional duties and responsibilities as required by the department/division