Adult Psychiatrist – Inpatient facility is looking for an immediate full-time positive, flexible and teamwork driven adult psychiatrist to provide psychiatric services to established patients at a behavioral health clinic located in Salisbury, MD. The clinic is located within a beautiful hospital campus and is part of a robust service line encompassing adult inpatient services, adult partial hospitalization services and 24/7 behavioral health services in the emergency department. This position offers the candidate flexible hours and scheduling, loan forgiveness and the opportunity to be part of an expanding multidisciplinary team that focuses on service excellence and patient-centered care.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates patients by interviewing patients, indicated family and/or support persons, conducting examinations, observing behaviors, reviewing medical history and related documents, selecting, administering and interpreting assessments, diagnostic instruments, laboratory tests and results.
- Prescribes and/or administers psychotherapeutic treatments and/or medications and monitors patient progress to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Gathers, records and maintains patient information and records, including social and medical history. Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Design individualized treatment care plans by determining the nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, development, social and behavioral disorders.
- Maintains interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress, consulting and collaborating with physicians, psychiatric nurse practitioners, therapists and other key stakeholders.
- Maintains historical records by documenting symptoms, medications and treatment events. Writes summaries as needed.
- Assures quality and safety for patients and staff by following all policies, procedures, standards, rules and regulations.
- Works to provide consistent and compassionate patient care focusing on service excellence and the achievement of productivity targets.
- Returns telephone calls and requests for information in a timely manner and responds to all telephone encounters within 24 business hours.
- Participates in scheduled clinical treatment team and staff meetings.
- Attends the behavioral health service lines monthly department of psychiatry meeting
- Assists other professionals in the clinic in an emergency. Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics: Excellent written and verbal skills, Proven skills in maintaining information as highly confidential, Skilled in clinical documentation review and quality assurance measures.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship-building skills
- Experience working with an electronic medical record – EPIC preferred
- Openness to learn and grow in a clinically supportive environment
- Openness to working with dual diagnosed patients
- Telehealth experience and/or willingness to provide services through the telehealth platform as clinic expands Benefits
- Ability to create own schedule within the outpatient clinic established hours (currently M-Th 8a-7p and F 9a-1p)
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Supportive, dedicated multidisciplinary teamwork approach
- Clinic located 30 minutes from the beach and within 2 hours of metropolitan cities: Washington DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. Service expansion plans include Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. Target date June 1, 2020.