CVOR Surgical Technologist
Major Health Care System in Houston, Texas is looking for strong CVOR Surgical Techs to start working in January. This is a great opportunity to work with a reputable team of professionals which have been recognized for their dedication to excellence. Excellent compensation. Start in January – Temp 13 weeks with possibility to extend
Seeking CVOR Surgical Techs that are proficient in open heart cases as well as vascular and endovascular cases. As a part of a team you will be required to support the Main OR when there are no CV cases. CVOR Surge Tech will take CV specific call, typically the call is 4 days a week, every 2-3 weeks.
CVOR Surgical Techs: Under the direction of the surgeon, assists the surgeon and/or surgical assistant during the operative procedure by carrying out tasks including but not limited to sponging, suctioning, cutting suture, and holding retractors. You will provide general patient care and department upkeep as delegated by licensed personnel. Surgical Tech will be responsible for assigned non-nursing functions and practices, relationship-centered care.
To qualify you must have :
- 2 years of CVOR Surgical Tech experience.
- Certification by the Surgical Technologist Association or National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program or military training equivalency.
- High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
For more details on this position or others alike send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (954)361-7449 to schedule a screening interview.
We are interviewing now to start in January