Hematology Oncology Nurse Practitioner
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Salary: $110,000.00 – $188,000.00
Medical Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Opportunity in Sunny Palm Springs!
Prestigious Cancer Center is seeking an experienced Oncology Nurse Practitioner to provide direct patient care to Hematology/Oncology patients and support to a multidisciplinary health team working within the scope of the Certified Nurse Practitioner license and hospital privileges. Providing unrivaled medical care and comprehensive cancer services in all areas of Oncology. Demonstrates commitment to system values through customer focus and process improvements. This is a full-time day shift position in an outpatient setting! Excellent Quality of Life!!
Will consider locum to perm or perm candidates! As a locum candidate, Palm Health covers your mal practice insurance, housing, travel, rental car and much more!
Successful completion of a Master’s Degree in nurse practitioner program. (required).
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist the physician in diagnosing, treating and managing patients
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient’s electronic medical record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive or negative findings.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies, imaging studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Functions independently to perform a complete history and physical exam.
- Formulates a treatment plan.
- Uses evidence-based practice guidelines and assessment tools.
- Prescribe medication and treatments and monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Completes documentation and patient billing
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates patient and family education.
- Determines eligibility of patient for entry into clinical trials.
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
- Provides symptom management.
- Provides on-call coverage as coordinated with physician and weekend call as assigned through the Medical Oncology Program rotation.
- First call for practice with oncology centralized triage.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
California licensure as a Nurse Practitioner, California Nurse Practitioner Furnisher number, AHA CPR (required).
Minimum three years relevant experience providing patient care in a medical oncology or similar setting (preferred).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Est. Salary: $110,000.00 to $188,000.00 /year
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental, Matching 403B, Life, Disability, CME Monies, Relocation Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement and MUCH MORE!