Come grow with one of the most respected health systems in the country!
We are seeking passionate and dedicated diagnostic Medical Physicists to join the Imaging department! We emphasize direct impact on clinical practice through physics approach.
This group is exclusively comprised of some of the most competent and skilled Medical Professionals in the nation. You will have access to state-of-the-art equipment, and all the resources necessary for you to do something incredible!
Los Angeles is an iconic city for good reason! There are always things to do on your off days such as exploring the local shops, restaurants, boutiques, hitting up the beautiful beaches, and the community is diverse!
As a Medical Professional working for this group, you’ll find a culture that values education and supports your personal and professional growth. Their learning programs, tuition reimbursement and performance-improvement projects give their employees the chance to achieve additional certifications and degrees while working with us and gaining the knowledge and experience they need to grow.
About the position:
The Medical Physicists can be academically appointed to the clinical track in the Department of Imaging. The major components of the duty are imaging physics practice, education, and clinical research. The responsibilities include
- Reviews and tune clinical protocols to assure safe and optimal use of imaging devices. Creative solutions are especially encouraged.
- Conducts acceptance tests and annual physics surveys on imaging devices following national and state standards.
- Oversees the in-house developed quality assurance program and plays vital roles in ACR/ICA accreditations. Implements appropriate action as needed.
- Tracks radiation dose and maintains compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- Performs patient dose calculations from various imaging modalities as needed.
- Teaches courses to radiology residents, technologists, graduate students, and physicians on imaging physics, safe use of imaging devices, image optimization, and other topics as needed.
- Designs appropriate radiation shielding for site planning.
- Participates in clinical imaging research projects. Submits abstracts to national conferences and publishes the findings.
- PhD in medical physics preferred
- Certification by American Board of Radiology (ABR) with ABR and MQSA certifications preferred but will consider candidates that are ABR eligible.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the diagnostic imaging field.
Full comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, healthcare, employer matching, 401k retirement plans, continuing education, and professional development will be offered for this role as well as a highly competititve salary determined by years of experience.
Reach out today to learn more about this exciting opportunity and this incredible group!