Well established children’s medical facility is looking to hire a Pediatric Cardiothoracic Intensivist Physician to work in the Intensive Care Unit.
It is a 324 bed children’s hospital that treats more than 8,000 children each year and has become a regional pediatric destination for more than 84,000 children. It has an active perinatal service with over 6000 deliveries annually to the adjacent birth center. The hospital serves as the major referral center for over 500,000 people in the immediate vicinity.
The hospital has several other residency and fellowship programs and the critical care division is actively involved in the training of pediatric, anesthesia and emergency medicine residents.
Annually there are approximately 1400 admissions to the PICU and CTICU. The pediatric heart program has increased emphasis on higher level complexity and neonatal cardiac surgery. The program participates in both Virtual PICU (VPS) and Society of Thoracic Surgeons Congenital Heart Surgery databases.
Primary responsibility will be providing direct patient care to pediatric cardiac patients in the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CITU).
- Extensive expertise in the care of neonates and children with complex congenital and acquired heart disease, including postoperative care.
- Board certification/eligible in pediatric critical care medicine and/ or pediatric cardiology and must be eligible for a medical license in the state of California.
- Pediatric ECMO experience
- Clinical expertise and experience in cardiac critical care
Financial & Benefits
- Base Salary + Bonuses. Salary dependent on training and experience
Eligible to potentially become a Partner and Shareholder after 2 years
- Full and Comprehensive Benefits for Physician and Family
Benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Malpractice Insurance and Tail coverage
- 401k retirement plan with employer contribution
- 529 College Savings plan
- Generous PTO plan
Long Beach is located on the coast of beautiful, sunny southern California. Long Beach has a small city feel with easy access to all the amenities and attractions of Los Angeles and Orange County, plus the mountains are just a short drive away.