Salary: $65.00 – $85.00
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist the physician in diagnosing, treating and managing patients in the Breast Cancer Program.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and record the data in the patient’s electronic medical record; write progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting pertinent positive or negative findings.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies, imaging studies and diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient.
- Functions independently to perform a complete history and physical exam.
- Formulates a treatment plan.
- Uses evidence-based practice guidelines and assessment tools.
- Prescribe medication and treatments and monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Completes documentation and patient billing
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates patient and family education.
- Determines eligibility of patient for entry into clinical trials.
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the collaborating physician.
- Provides symptom management.
- Provides on-call coverage as coordinated with physician and weekend call as assigned through the Breast Program Medical Oncology rotation.
- First call for practice with oncology centralized triage.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
California licensure or ability to get a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, California Nurse Practitioner Furnisher number, AHA CPR (required).
Minimum three years relevant experience providing patient care in a medical oncology or similar setting (preferred).
Interested submit CV today for immediate consideration!