Salary: $135000.00 – $185000.00
Cardiac Surgery Group in Boston, MA seeking an experienced cardiothoracic clinical nurse practitioner or physician assistant for their very high acuity environment!
We have both part time and full time openings!
This is a hard working group, they maintain best practice, have excellent outcomes and the surgeons understand that its a team effort and participate in the efforts to improve workplace and flow!
The provider will cover the Cardiovascular ICU, Stepdown unit and rarely an outpatient. Candidate will work 3 days per week, 13-14hrs/day. No set schedule, days, nights, weekends, holidays, must be flexible.
This position is responsible for participating in all aspects of pre and postoperative care of the cardiac surgical patient. The mission is to facilitate such care in conjunction with the surgical house staff, and under the supervision of the staff surgeon. This position requires a license as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The primary responsibilities of the NP/PA are in relation to the care outside of the operating room. The NP/PA works under the direction of the surgeon, and duties consist of pre and postoperative care of the surgical patient. The NP/PA is expected to perform clinical tasks on the patient unit: removal of chest tubes, sutures, and temporary pacing wires as directed by, surgeons, and chief resident.
The NP/PA will discharge patients (complete discharge paperwork, discharge summary, communicate with cardiologist/PCP when appropriate).
Emphasis is on direct patient care, working in coordination with the staff surgeon, house staff, hospital staff, and the patient for the following:
1. Performs and documents preoperative evaluation (history and physical examinations).
2. Orders and interprets diagnostic tests.
3. Examines and evaluates postoperative patients in both in-hospital and outpatient settings.
4. Writes orders for medication and treatments, under guidelines of licensure.
5. Performs invasive procedures such as placement of arterial and central venous lines, and insertion of chest tubes.
6. Completes discharge summaries and transfers orders.
7. Participates in patient rounds and case conferences.
8. Works in collaboration with staff surgeon and house staff in educating the patients and their families in medical care.
9. Works with staff in providing patient care in the following locations: the intensive care units (CCU, CVICU, MICU), Cardiac Surgical Nursing Units, Cardiology Units, and staff cardiac surgeons? clinical practice area.
10. Continually updates clinical knowledge and skills through consultation, formal and informal education, and review of literature for self.
Comprehensive Benefits, CME Monies, Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Much More!